Monday, September 13, 2010

How Time Flies!

First, although I loved the background my daughter had made me, I do admit, it was rather hard on the eyes so I switched to one of blogger's templates which is a little easier, still matches the 'lemonade stand' banner!

Today, my 'baby' turns 13.  I looked at a picture of my shy little toddler this morning, and wondered how she grew to be almost my height in such a short time!  But, I guess that's the way it is, always has been and doubtless always will be.  The picture beside that one is my 15 year old when she was a little over a year old.  It wasn't that long ago really that she was prancing into my hospital room after her younger sister was born, wearing pink and purple plastic shoes with a big red plastic 'gem' heart on the front.  These were, she announced proudly, her 'holiday shoes':  a dollar store item she and her dad had bought just before visiting.

I look at the pictures, and just want to hug their 13 and 15 year old selves.  But, along with the days of sheer happiness in a pair of plastic dollar store shoes, hugging time has passed, except for special occasions, which are made all that much more special by that hug.

Happy Birthday to my 'baby', love and many hugs,
Mom

No comments: