Saturday, January 30, 2010

It just hit me....

I think my months' long 'affair' with Card Services may have come to an end.  I don't think I've gotten ANY calls from them this week.  Either they don't love me anymore...or...dare I hope...they've been SHUT DOWN?
I think the last couple of calls did not go well.
The second last one that I picked up, was just before my last blog post about this affair.
The very last one, I picked up the phone, hit '0' as I usually do, turned the tv up loudly (but not too loudly--I'm not sure how this works, but I *think* the people that actually call work for another company hired by Card Services--I just want to get the point across that I'M NOT INTERESTED) and set the phone down.  When my contract is up with my phone service provider, I am seriously considering switching, just for the ability to be able to BLOCK numbers.  Geesh, what a service NOT to have.  And while I'm at it, wouldn't it be nice to have a phone that could automatically detect robo-diallers from solicitors and re-route the call back to someone else's computer at the same centre?????

Ahhh, well, to get on with my card services free life (oooh, hopefully it remains so!).

I am currently working on 25 babies in blankets shower favours that will soon be shipped overseas.  The request from the customer has me thinking about different babies now...
Working last night on the baby 'body', I was marking the rounds with a short piece of light blue yarn.  When I return to that today, I think I'll change the blue yarn, because the blue showing against the peach coloured flesh and the white body spoke to me.  Kind of like Harry Potter was the only one who could hear the basilisk, no one around me heard the yarn.  The words were a little indistinct, but the meaning was clear:  touch me, work with me, make something with me...

And now, to get some coffee going, and...time to make babies!

No comments: