Thursday, February 07, 2008

I was going to take a picture of the visitor I had on the weekend, but I'm sure most of you know what a Tim Horton's cup looks like. Now, it didn't get here on its own, my brother did come attached. We laugh about this, try to figure out the reasoning behind it (hey, my coffee is NOT bad!): that brother NEVER shows up without a Timmies in his hand. None for us, just him. I could understand if it happened once in a while, but EVERY time he visits. Which is about once a week.

I'm currently re-reading (uh...for about the 10th time or so each) the Harry Potter series. It's so nice to curl up under a warm blanket in bed and read for a half hour or so. While I was reading the other night, I had an idea jump out of the book at me. One of those lightning bolt ideas that I like so much. I won't say what it is yet. Firstly, I don't want someone snagging my idea before I get it done, second, I don't want to jinx it.

What I can say, is my newest patterns are up in my Etsy store. I have a hard time sitting down and working on my actual website...maybe this afternoon. One pattern is still being tested, so although my regular subscribers have it, I don't want to list that one yet. If there are any revisions, it's easier to send out an updated version to only a handful of people.
One pic (this one's my favourite this month):


Now, a close second is my neckwarmer. The first one I made using Sean Sheep yarn I'd purchased at Wal-Mart, then realized it may not be available long. So, I did a second one with regular ol' worsted weight. And one strand of satin worsted weight.


I've also taken the plunge and started a second Etsy store. My old one will be strictly patterns, the new one will be for finished items only. Mostly crochet, but a few other things will show up sooner or later. That store is Smudgekitty Krafts, named for our 17yo tortoiseshell cat. The one with the attitude...the one who doesn't like animals. The one who still likes to go outside in cold weather, while our 4yo tortoiseshell is hibernating indoors for the winter, her choice!

No comments: