Friday, June 29, 2007

Good news! New toys...And new free pattern preview...

GOOD NEWS!! I received a phone call from the town today regarding our request to purchase 10 feet into that lot (see previous post about The Pit Next Door). The town has hired someone to assess that 10 feet, and when the assessment is received, the town will call us about the sale.

Can we say YAY??? Of course, if they would have done this 2 years ago when we first asked, that line of evergreens would still be there, but this means the few that are left will be saved, and we can plant new trees.



New toys: our Kodak EasyShare that we purchased for about $350 plus taxes 4 years ago has been giving us a hard time lately. It refuses to turn on when the lens is open, and the lens doesn't want to come out. Shutting and opening the lens cover a couple times and waiting would usually mean we could take a picture or two. We do have a cheaper camera...but darned for the life of me I can't figure that one out.

So, we splurged, spent $135 plus taxes (please note the price difference) for a much better, newer, more features Kodak EasyShare 7.1 mega pixel camera. With video. With sound. Easy to use ( a definite plus--and no, Kodak is NOT paying me to say this). I loved my first Kodak digital cam, and I know I'll love this one, too. I've already taken pics, including the one below...



Free Pattern (click picture). I'm hoping to get two simple snowflake patterns, typed up
tomorrow. They will be free patterns. The patterns for sale include a snowman (watch for his girlfriend next month...and some strange twists on snowmen in the coming months), a table set, a granny lapghan with a bit of a uniqueness...

No comments: