Monday, May 22, 2006

Victoria Day

A beautiful day for a holiday, the sun is shining, birds are squawking warnings to my cat who is prowling outside...
I'm currently working on christening gowns for an order, and am quite happy with the way they are turning out. I had purchased the patterns on ebay, and for the most part, they are well written, but I don't think I would recommend this one to a beginner as it's written. Some stitch counts are off, brackets are in the wrong place in one or two places...but nothing too difficult to overcome.
I've realized it's May 22nd, and that of the 4 patterns I need designed and typed up by June 5th: I have 1/2 of one set done (gameboy advance sp covers), and about 1/3 of another pattern (bride toilet tissue cover). And I have two comfortghans to assemble quickly...which wouldn't bother me too much, except there's that ucky 'W' word: WORK.
One of these days, I WILL have enough time to design extra patterns to send to a magazine. Certainly, after spending a lot of money on advertising in Crochet World (with no noticeable increase in traffic!), it'd be nice to get money FROM them, lol!
And that's about it for today, not that I had much to say, but figured I should pop in now and then to post something!

No comments: