Sunday, January 15, 2006

Shirtless Sleeves

So many things, so little time. Don't we all feel that way? And then, my 10 yo decides she wants some 'fingerless arm warmers'. Loooooong fingerless gloves that reach past her elbows. She talked me into working on them. (Can we say 'sucker'?? But sometimes it's hard to refuse!)
So yesterday, I did start. As I crocheted, I wrote the instructions down. My daughter noticed this and commented. Wondered why I was writing down after I had crocheted that round. That's just the way I work.
I kept trying the piece on, trying it on, trying it on. She didn't complain. Which is good. For her. Or she might not have gotten them when they're done! I got to the shaping of the finger holes, and she asked me if I knew how to do it. "No" I answered calmly, not even pausing in my crochet. She looked a bit concerned. I laughed. Possibly a bit maniacally.
I finished the first one, just have to sew a couple small seams together and weave in ends. Ugh. My favourite past-time. NOT. I looked at her and said, "You know, they do have sleeveless shirts. How about we call these 'Shirtless sleeves'? " And the name will stick.

No comments: